Skip to content
Advantages of Ready-Mix Concrete
Advantages of Ready Mixed Concrete:
- Quality assured concrete:- Concrete is produced under controlled conditions using consistent quality of raw material.
- High speed of construction- Speed of construction can be vary fast in case RMC is used.
- Reduction in cement consumption by 10 – 12 % due to better handling and proper mixing. Further reduction is possible if mineral admixtures or cementitious materials are used.
- Versatility in uses and methods of placing: The mix design of the concrete can be tailor made to suit the placing methods of the contractor.
- Since ready mixed concrete (RMC) uses bulk cement instead of bagged cement, dust pollution will be reduced and cement will be saved.
- Conservation of energy and resources because of saving of cement.
- Environment pollution is reduced due to less production of cement.
- With better durability of structure, their overall service life increase and there is saving in life-cycle cost.
- Eliminating or minimizing human error and reduction in dependency on labour.
- Timely deliveries in large as well as small pours.
- No need for space for storing the materials like coarse and fine aggregate, cement, water and admixtures.
- No delay due to site based batching plant erection/ dismantling; no equipment to hire; no depreciation of costs.
- Reduced noise and air pollution; less consumption of petrol and
diesel and less time loss to business.